Spike's Tactical M16 Bolt Carrier Group
These complete bolt carrier groups come magnetic particle inspected and high pressure tested. The carrier is made from 8620 steel and the bolt from No. 158 carpenter steel. The gas key is properly staked, the extractor spring has been upgraded with an O-ring for increased tension, and all surfaces are mil-spec heavy phosphate coated or internally chrome lined. The Spike's Tactical spider logo is engraved on the right side of the carrier to show through the ejection port.
Bolt carrier group specifications:
- Mil-Spec 8620 tool steel M16 bolt carrier w/shrouded firing pin.
- Carrier has 188.8.131.52 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out with 184.108.40.206 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore.
- Laser engraved with ST Spider logo (visible through ejection port door opening).
- Mil-Spec tool steel carrier key.
- Carrier key has 220.127.116.11 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out with 18.104.22.168 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore.
- Carrier key is attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked per the Mil-Spec.
- Bolts are CNC machined from Carpenter No. 158®.
- Bolts have 22.214.171.124 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.
- All bolts are shot peened per the current Mil-Spec.
- All bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI).
- Tool steel extractor, shot peened, 126.96.36.199 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish, fitted with a Mil-Spec black extractor spring insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
- Mil-Spec firing pin with 188.8.131.52 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome finish.
- Mil-Spec cam pin with 184.108.40.206 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.
- Mil-Spec firing pin retaining pin with 220.127.116.11 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.