Vortex Viper 6 MOA Red Dot
The Viper Red Dot's super-low mounting height makes it the perfect solution for handguns with cutout slides. The Viper gives shooters the simplicity and speed advantage of a dot sight, while co-witnessing with suppressor height iron sights. The trade off? Nothing. The 6 MOA dot diameter gets shooters on target fast.
Fully multi-coated, ultra-clear lens offers a wide, unobstructed field of view. The left-side up/down power and illumination controls are easy to access and manipulate. Recessed 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments are super clean, protected from incidental contact, and always at the ready. It runs on a CR 2032 battery.
The Viper comes with a Picatinny mount—weighs 2.1 ounces with mount.
- Fully Multi-Coated: Multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces increase light transmission.
- Parallax Free: All red dot and holographic sights will exhibit some small amount of parallax. Matching current industry practice, this small amount would be considered “parallax free” and will make a negligible difference in the Viper’s performance.
- Single-Piece Chassis: Compact and lightweight.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Shockproof: Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish: Highly durable low-glare matte finish.
- ArmorTek: Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Unlimited Eye Relief: Non-critical eye relief for rapid target aquisition.
- Battery Life: 14-hour auto-shutdown feature maximizes battery life. Up to 150 hours of use at highest setting. Use at the more common lower settings can allow up to 30,000 hours.
Lug/Screw Footprint: Compatible with Burris Fastfire/Docter
If mounting to a handgun with slide cutout:
Slide cutout type
- Glock MOS (9mm or .40) - (SHIM-BDS) Use plate #1 (Call Vortex Customer Care for the correct mounting screws).
- Glock MOS (.45 or 10mm) (SHIM-BDS). Use plate #5 (Call Vortex Customer Care for the correct mounting screws).
- M&P CORE- Plate 5 and the “C” screws
- FNX-45- (SHIM-BDS). Uses the non-Trijicon plate.
Rear sight dovetail mounts:
- Sig P220 series- Mount available at EGWguns.com
- 1911s- Mounts available at EGWguns.com
- Springfield XD/XDM: Mounts available at Springer Precison.
- Magnification: 1 x
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Dot Size: 6 MOA
- Adjustment Graduation: 1 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment: 120 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment: 120 MOA
- Parallax Setting: Parallax free
- Length: 1.8 inches
- Weight: 1.1 ounces